Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Proving Faithful

March 16th 2016
Scripture: Luke 16:10-11 (ESV)

Proving Faithful

"One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much. If then you have not been faithful in the unrighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches?"

It is very human of us to want to be put in charge and in places of authority. My first time driving by myself, I was entrusted to go return a set of books to the library. It was a three mile trip, and I thought I could handle more responsibility than that, but my parents started me off with little to see how I would handle it. I did what they asked, and their confidence in my driving grew over time, and so did mine. 

A lot of times we can find ourselves asking God for more; a larger budget, a bigger worship team, more children, a bigger house, more committed people to your dreams and visions. But God will often times be the parent saying, "I may give those to you later, but for now, let's stick to what you have." If you are screaming for more responsibility and not getting it, chances are you might be neglecting what you already have been given. Until I am responsible with the few things, I will never get my hands on the many, simply because I'm not ready for it yet. A strong oak tree does not develop overnight, but reaches out just a little higher than yesterday.

Take inventory: who has God placed in authority above and below me? What resources are available to me? Am I doing the best I can with what I have? Am I respectful to those in charge of me? When I respect those in authority with humility, I am being faithful to the place God has put me in. I must be content with what God has given me, but also committed to do the best I can, no matter how little I feel it is. 

"Lord Jesus, thank you for giving me the desire to do great things for you. Help me to take what I have been given, not grumbling about it, but proving faithful with a good attitude and humble heart. I know you will give me more when I'm ready. I trust you. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment