Wednesday, March 9, 2016

A Heartfelt Count & Recount

March 9th 2016
Scripture Psalm 9:1-2 (ESV)

A Heartfelt Count & Recount


"I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of Your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in You; I will sing praise to Your Name, O Most High."


An attitude of gratitude seems more and more lacking in American culture today. The primary message in the market is not, "I'm so happy for all I have," but rather, "There is no way I'll be happy till I have all." How is this "Me" mentality battled? King David in this psalm highlights two words four times; "I will". For David and the rest of us, thankfulness doesn't come naturally, "I am thankful", but it comes by a choice, "I will be thankful". When counting  and recounting all you're grateful for becomes a habit of choice, you will find that list of thankfulness growing more and more. 

Choosing to be grateful for what I have requires me to say, "Thank You" to God by counting and recounting all His wonderful deeds. Try writing a list of twenty-five things you are grateful for right now. This may be a little stretching (it was for me). Read them aloud and choose to be glad and give praise to the Name of the Most High. Reread that list tomorrow and add any more that comes to mind.

"Lord Jesus, thank you so much for my family and the Joys of Life. Help me to become a more grateful person and to give You the praise You deserve. Again, thank you!"

Here's my list, lets here yours!

Thank you God for...
1 A godly wife
2 A loving family
3 A calling to Ministry
4 Giving me confidence
5 Providing time and time again
6 Deepening my heart with love
7 Music and praise
8 Forgiveness
9 A bed to sleep in
10 A healthy body
11 More than enough food
12 Heat in the winter
13 A purpose for my life
14 The joy of laughter
15 A community of believers
16 Accountability partners
17 Protection thus far
18 The warmth of sunshine
19 The World to explore
20 Always something to learn
21 World Wide Communication
22 Clean water 24/7
23 A simple cup of coffee
24 Great mentors in my life
25 A working car
26 Giving me courage (Joshua 1:9)
27 Religious freedom
28 The joy of camping outdoors
29 My Martin guitar
30 That You call me "son"
31 The Holy Spirit's guidance 
32 That the Best is yet to come
33 Above all else Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment