Friday, April 29, 2016

Take5

April 29 2016
Scripture: 1 Samuel 30:6 (ESV)

Take5

"And David was greatly distressed for the people spoke of stoning him, because all the people were bitter in soul, each for his sons and daughters. But David strengthened himself in the Lord his God."

I can only imagine what the pain and confusion these men must have felt. For while they were away their home was raided and burnt, and their wives and children were taken captive by the Amalekites. Amidst the smoking ruins that was their home, David and his men wept bitterly until they could cry no more tears. In heated anger the men rashly talked of stoning David to death, because they needed someone to punish. But David under pressure chose to "take 5" and strengthen himself in the Lord. He inquired for wisdom from God, and he was encouraged to go on a rescue mission, for God promised that he would succeed. 

In my life, I must let God make my decisions clear, not reacting in clouded emotions like David's men. Unchecked emotions can cause us to make reactions instead of making decisions. The best way to combat this is to take time to inquire of God about how to respond next. Take time to pray, He may show you something you never would have thought of doing on your own. 

"Lord Jesus, thank You for the wisdom You grant to those who seek You. Please help me in my decision making to first pray and ask You what to do. Clear any irrational thinking that I might react in, and show me Your ways. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment