Monday, April 25, 2016

Radioactive Influence

April 25 2016
Scripture: Psalm 16:7-8 (ESV)

Radioactive Influence

"I bless the Lord who gives me counsel in the night, also my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken."

Growing up can be very intimidating, not knowing where to go next, or what to do in new situations. It's like moving around in the dark, bumping into things until your bearings make sense. But David in his early days found his counsel in the Lord, for he grants wisdom generously to those who ask (James 1:5). He gives us the Holy Spirit as a guide that prompts our heart in the dark, guiding us into all truth (John 16:13). But God doesn't just give wisdom like a cashier gives back your change at the grocery market. No, the wisdom God grants is from constant exposure in relationship with Him. David set the Lord ever before him, at his right hand, and that is why he was not shaken. 

I read in an article lately that we ultimately become like the top five people we spend the most time with. Influence radiates off a person and can change who I am. But like David, I want to keep the Lord ever before me, letting His influence be the number one influence that radiates in my life. The way to do this is through constant exposure in the Bible, and in prayer, keeping me close to God. Then I will have the wisdom of the ages. 

"Lord Jesus, thank You for the wisdom You have given, and are going to give as I spend more and more time with You. Help me to keep You ever before me, and not let poor influences take me away from You. Teach me and change me to become the man You want me to be. Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment