Friday, May 27, 2016

Limitless God

May 27 2016
Scripture: Isaiah 39:28 (ESV)

Limitless God

"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary, His understanding is unsearchable."

Isaiah must have been sick of hearing the Israelites, who were God's chosen people, saying that their life was hidden from God. They must have felt like they slipped through the cracks and fallen out of God's graces. 

"God disregards us, He's too busy, He doesn't care for me anymore, He's abandoned us."

"Have you not known?"

"Of course we have."

"Have you not heard?"

"Of course we have heard."

"Then why do you forget that God is larger than life, a limitless God? He's never left you, for He is everlasting; He created all the little details that make you who you are, along with the furthest ends of all that has ever been created; He is not too weak to notice you, for He never tires; His understanding is so much bigger and fuller than we could ever comprehend. And the best part is, those who wait on the Lord shall be renewed and soar like eagles." (Isaiah 40:31)

I am convinced that what I believe about God determines how I view Him. Sometimes, I feel a lot like the Israelites. I get so wrapped up in me and my world that I begin to have tunnel vision, and my belief about who God is changed to be more like a genii in a bottle, than Almighty God. When I don't get what I want, then I become sour toward my view of God, and begin to buy the lie that He has let me fall through the cracks. 

But when I step back and observe who God really is, I see myself in light of His glory, and realize that He is worth waiting for. We were created not to be sour, but to soar with Him. But I must be willing to take the time to wait on God, and ask Him to renew my strength.

"Lord Jesus, You are truly amazing. No god is like You. Help me to view You as You really are. Please renew my strength each day, and let me soar with You forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment