Friday, June 10, 2016

He Never Breaks His Promises



June 10 2016
Scripture: Psalm 89:34-35 (ESV)

He Never Breaks His Promises

"I will not violate my covenant or alter the word that went forth from my lips. Once for all I have sworn by my holiness; I will not lie to David."

The Psalmist points out a key aspect of God's character. He tells of how God found favor with King David and promised to establish his throne forever. This throne extends beyond the earthly one of the nation of Israel, which has been conquered before. But God's promise is still true in the fact that Jesus, a descendant of David, established His throne, a spiritual throne, which remains now and will continue on forever. 

Through this we know that God is not a lier, and once He has said it, He is faithful to make it happen. It may take years, or even lifetimes. Abraham never actually got to see his children become numerous like the stars or the grains of sand, yet it did happen. 

Knowing this truth gives me confidence that even when all seems lost and when I feel that I cannot go on, "He will never leave me or forsake me" (Deut 31:6). The Lord never breaks His promises. If you "come near to God he will come near to you" (James 4:8). The Lord never breaks His promises. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only son so that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16). The Lord never breaks His promises. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us" (1 John 1:9). The Lord never breaks His promises. 

"Lord Jesus, thank You that You never break Your promises. Help me to cling to Your promises when I face the deepest and darkest pits and trials of my life. Your love endures forever. Amen and amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment